#24 Dupont Lumina 1994: 1:24 Monogram, 1:25 AMT
These were supposed to be a couple of quick models just to see what it's like to do some Nascars. I wanted to replicate the car that won the first Brickyard 400.
I got the AMT kit from a friend then I purchased the Slixx decals. Turns out the decals are for the 1:24 scale car so I went and bought that kit.
Needless to say I went overboard and did quite a few modifications to the Monogram kit.
1. Scratch roof rails from brass sheet
2. Scratch rear flap from brass sheet
3. PE: Hood Pins, windshield clips, bolt heads
4. Wheels detailed, valves, bolts, centre hub
5. New side windshields
6. Front and rear bumper modifications
7. Front screens cut out and replaced with mesh
8. New Window netting
9. Sanded off windshield hold down straps and new ones made
For the AMT kit I did almost the same items as above except for bolts on the wheels and windshield straps
To make these quick models I did nothing to the engine and interior
I used the AMT Goodyear logos on the Monogram kit since they looked better
More photos added Dec 27, 2010
Return to Home Page http://www.alexkung1.com
Send comments, suggestions etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org