Day 71 Feb 8 2005

7101.jpg
7101.jpg

Time to put the body on the frame

7102.jpg
7102.jpg

Front vent has been cleaned up so that it fits now.Foam was getting in the way

 

7103.jpg
7103.jpg

trouble.The body sits too low so the battery box does not fit

7104.jpg
7104.jpg

Son of aÖ.

7105.jpg
7105.jpg

I donít want to modify the battery boxes since I still want the batteries to fit in there.

7106.jpg
7106.jpg

Here is the opening I cut out using a jig saw

7107.jpg
7107.jpg

And on the inside.You can see how the body drops onto the frame axel.I tried to prop it up but there was still not enough room for the battery box

7108.jpg
7108.jpg

Part of the frame got in the way soI needed to chop a bit more from the body

7109.jpg
7109.jpg

A few minutes later

7110.jpg
7110.jpg

Battery box barely fits

7111.jpg
7111.jpg

Next to no clearance

7112.jpg
7112.jpg

Hehe.I have decided I will not tilt the body back as it should be as the dome would slant back too much and look odd

 Next is more cutting of the body to try and get more gap between the body and battery box